Anyone attending an IGD Expo should understand what the rules and guidelines for cosplay are before entering the expo. The cosplay rules and guidelines are set in place to minimize any offensive or obscene cosplay. IGD Expo wishes for everyone to have an enjoyable experience in a family-friendly environment.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the current list of rules and guidelines for dressing up in costumes at the event:
- All costumes need to be tasteful and the barest minimum of coverage that will be allowed at the event will be that of a bikini. What this means is body paint, latex pasties, etc. are not considered adequate body coverage without additional clothing being worn over it. Thongs are not allowed unless covered by shorts, skirts, capes, etc. This is a family friendly environment
- No projectiles, flames, smoke generators, or any other such devices will be allowed.
- No liquids or materials that could damage any merchandise in the Expo. This includes but is not limited to fake blood and glitter.
- Footwear must be worn at all times, and the use of roller-skates, rollerblades, or other rolling shoes are not allowed.
- If you plan to bring an official looking cosplay, like military or law enforcement, make it obvious that you are in cosplay.
- If your cosplay includes a weapon, it must be obvious that that weapon is a prop. No bladed weapons, airsoft, nerf guns, or paintball guns will be allowed.
- Hate symbols of any kind will not be allowed as a part of any cosplay. Again, this is a family friendly environment.
- All rules are subject to change at any time. IGD Expo will not be responsible for lost or damaged cosplay property.
These are the details for the Cosplay Contest:
- Signup starts at 10:00AM on Saturday and is open until either 50 entries has been reached or 5:00PM
- Judges are Kat Godsey and Ashley Royer from AKA Cosplay and Art, and Alyssa Taranto from Spidey-Team.
- You can signup at AKA Cosplay and Art's Booth, and you will get your picture taken for the People's Choice Award.
- All entrants will be required to assemble in the Panel Room by 5:30 to check in and get ready for judging.
- At 6:00, the contest will start and one at a time, each contestant will be able to walk in front of the judges table, strike a pose if they wish, and then move along for the next contestant unless the judges want to ask them questions.
- Once all the contestants have been seen, the judges will make their decision, the winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded.
- The categories of winners will be People's Choice (most Facebook Likes), Judges' Choice (each judge chooses a favorite), and Best in Show (voted winner from all judges).
A special thanks to everyone that wears their cosplay, and good luck to everyone that participates in the contest!